Just starting out on building your neighbourhood group?
Here 7 simple and easy ideas to start connecting.
1. Make time to stop and chat when you see your neighbours
2. Walk more around your streets, or relax on a front porch or garden open to the street so that you get to interact more with your neighbours
3. Plant a lemon tree for the street and share or swap fruit, herbs or veggies if you grow more than you need
4. Set a regular time for walking or running with neighbours who enjoy these activities
5. Make a regular time for parents and kids to meet at the park
6. Make a regular time for socialising over a cuppa, at a local café or at someone’s home
7. Find other people with dogs to go on walks together
Need more ideas for connecting? Check out the other simple, great and ambitious ideas for connecting with your neighbours
Downloadable “how to” guides: